Employee Benefits Attorney
|Date Posted:||Jan 18, 2022|
Lexitas is seeking an Employee Benefits Attorney, with five-plus years of experience working with employee benefits, to work with one of our clients on an interim engagement. The ideal candidate will have substantial knowledge of M&A-related transactional benefits work, including executive compensation; and traditional employee benefits, retirement, and health and welfare plans. This is a 20-hour per week position with the possibility for additional hours.
- Negotiating administrative service agreements.
- Working on executive compensation and employee benefits portions of private equity and public company transactions including mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, and asset sales.
- Drafting and negotiating employment and consulting agreements; conducting due diligence; identifying issues with respect to benefits matters, and providing clients with compliance and strategic approaches to structuring transactions with regards to executive compensation arrangements.
Candidates must possess the following skills, experience, and attributes:
- 5+ years of transactional labor and employment/ employee benefits experience.
- 5+ years of Employee Benefits M&A experience.
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to work independently.
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school and license to practice law in any US jurisdiction
Since 1987, Lexitas has built our company upon a belief that having strong personal relationships with our clients, and providing reliable, accurate, and professional services is the driving force of our success and continued growth. Lexitas is a professional family of legal support companies that offers an array of services including local and national court reporting, legal video, medical record retrieval, registered agent services, and legal talent outsourcing. Our reach is truly national as well as international, and our hundreds of outstanding full-time staff and expert service providers are ready to deploy customized, high-quality solutions to our clients at virtually any time or place. For legal professionals who have critical and often immediate needs for expert, local, and national legal support.