Corporate Regulatory Counsel (Remote)
Lexitas Legal is partnered with a nationally known and respected financial services company to identify and hire a Corporate Regulatory Counsel. This is a contract opportunity working remotely for our client in San Antonio, TX, for approximately 24 months with a possible extension. This position is fully remote with flexible work hours.
The hired Corporate Regulatory Counsel will deliver great results by:
• Provides legal counsel to support business objectives and mitigate regulatory compliance and litigation risk to the client.
• Leads complex legal assignments with a high level of business impact and delivers appropriate solutions.
• Proactively identifies and manages existing and emerging legal and other risks that stem from business activities, in alignment with our client's legal risk appetite.
• Ensures risks are effectively measured, monitored, and controlled.
• Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures.
• Effectively communicates with stakeholders and varying levels of leadership in both verbal and written forms.
• Produces clear and concise legal positions.
• Proactively monitors and analyzes changes in laws, regulations, and industry and advises appropriate organizational leadership of such changes in a timely manner.
• Proactively collaborates across the company and the Chief Legal Office to mitigate risk. Works effectively with outside counsel or contract professionals to complete assignments.
• May assist more senior attorneys in providing advice and counsel on highly complex matters.
• Ensures escalation of matters presenting a more significant risk to more senior attorneys.
• Serves as a resource to less experienced team members.
As a Senior Corporate Regulatory Counsel, you will enjoy:
• A competitive hourly pay rate.
• Exposure to one of America’s most respected brands.
• Working remotely with flexible hours.
• Frequent and friendly contact with your Lexitas Legal Recruiter.
As a highly qualified Senior Corporate Regulatory Counsel, you will possess the following skills, experience, and attributes:
• Four or more years of regulatory experience.
• Ability to clearly distill complex legal issues into straightforward concepts for clients.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage competing deadlines and priorities in a high-paced environment.
• Strong writing and analytical skills.
• Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school required.
• Active member and in good standing of the bar in at least one state or territory.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and applicable software.
• Must be willing to complete a Drug Screen and Background Check.
Date Posted: June 16, 2021
Job Order Number: 7836