Litigation Legal Assistant
Lexitas is partnered with a Patent Trademark and Litigation Firm to support their Litigation group. A Legal Assistant, under the supervision and direction of an Attorney, helps to manage and organize the materials and information relating to particular matters and transactions. These duties allow the Legal Assistant the opportunity to work with and assist our legal staff in preparing for depositions, due diligence investigations, document productions, trials, and other litigation activities. The projects typically involve clerical duties and file organization tasks.
Job Requirements and Essential Functions
- Provide legal and administrative support to Attorneys in the Litigation Department.
- Become thoroughly familiar with each assigned active case by understanding the nature of the documents and their relationship to the case in order to be responsive to document requests and establish responsibilities and protocols.
- Anticipate what types of documents Attorneys will need so that documents are prepared ahead of time and requests are filled promptly.
- Prepare documents for production; manage and log all document productions, briefs, and other various tasks as they are assigned in preparation for depositions and arbitrations; create witness preparation materials such as deposition preparation binders, direct testimony materials, and cross-examination materials.
- Facilitate communication between Attorneys and work directly with Attorneys in coordinating and executing their requests.
- Act as a custodian of all documents, media and databases relevant to the active cases at hand; compile and organize case files in databases and network drives to maintain an accessible case file.
- Employ various Firm resources, e.g., PATTSY, Concordance, SharePoint, and document management systems.
- Proficiency with filing documents using ECF system in federal court.
- College graduate (or equivalent experience)
- 3-7 years of litigation experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary with the ability to interact professionally with staff, attorneys, legal assistants, clients, and vendors.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to review and comply with local rules and procedures depending on the jurisdiction of the case.
- Ability to file pleadings using ECF in federal court.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while working in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong technical skills are required, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Westlaw, Relativity, and SharePoint is a plus.
- Ability to work overtime if needed.
Since 1987, we have built our company upon a belief that having strong personal relationships with our clients, and providing reliable, accurate, and professional services is the driving force of our success and continued growth. Lexitas is a professional family of legal support companies that offers an array of services including local and national court reporting, legal video, medical record retrieval, registered agent services, and legal talent outsourcing. Our reach is truly national as well as international, and our hundreds of outstanding full-time staff and expert service providers are ready to deploy customized, high-quality solutions to our clients at virtually any time or place.
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: July 12, 2021
Location: Denver, CO
Job Order Number: 7854