Lexitas is seeking experienced data privacy and security attorneys for a 2-3 month contracted role (with the potential of an extension). Applicants must have extensive knowledge of global privacy and data security laws such as data breach notification laws and data security standards. Prior experience working at an AmLaw 200 corporate law firm and/or a large corporate legal department is strongly preferred. CIPP/US certifications are a plus.
Requirements for the Data Privacy and Security Attorney:
• 4+ years as a data privacy attorney with an AmLaw 200 corporate law firm and/or a large corporate legal department.
• Strong academic credentials from an accredited law school.
• Outstanding references.
• Licensed to practice law and in good standing.
Responsibilities of the Data Privacy and Security Attorney:
• Assess and develop company privacy policies and approaches.
• Keep the company, including its client data systems and websites, in compliance with changing data privacy laws.
• Ensure the integration of privacy and data protection into company operational documents and procedures.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary with the ability to interact professionally with staff, attorneys, legal assistants, clients, and vendors.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to review and comply with local rules and procedures depending on the jurisdiction of the case.
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize while working in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
• Strong technical skills are required, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work overtime if needed.
Position Details of the Data Privacy and Security Attorney:
Type of role: Engagement
Compensation: Highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
Date Posted: July 14, 2021
Duration: 3 months
Job Order Number: 7858