Lexitas and Confluence Missouri, Inc. are pleased to offer:
16 Hour Basic Mediation Training
Wednesday & Thursday September 20 - 21 | 8:30am – 5:00pm
8 hour Advanced Mediation Training
Location: In-person at Lexitas: 711 N. 11th St. St. Louis, Missouri 63101
Total Hours: 16 for basic training, 24 for all three days, 8 hours for advanced training
CostCost to attend the training are as follow:
- Attending days 1 & 2 (Basic mediation training) - $850
- Attending day 3 only (Advanced mediation training) - $450
- Attending all 3 days - $1,200
Registration fees include lunch and parking each day.
Space is limited, register today.Questions? Call (314) 644-2191 or email Jennifer.email@example.com
- Simone Haberstock, Esq.
- Patrick Sanders, Esq.
- Nicole Pace, LCSW
- Peter Dunne, Esq.
- Tom Stewart, Esq.
- Kevin Chafin, LPC
- Debbie Champion, Esq.
- Introduction to Conflict and Disputes
- What is Mediation and when should it be used?
- Negotiation Theory for Mediators and Lawyers
- Negotiation Exercise
- The Rules to the Game- using the Model Standards of Practice to practice ethically and effectively
- Communication and Emotional Management in Mediation
- Communication Exercise
- Video of Mediation-Intro to Steps of mediation
- The mediation process- Steps
- Role Play
- Challenges in Conflict Resolution (non-verbal triggers, power imbalances, culture, racial/ethnic/gender disparagement, impaired reasoning (cognitive bias)
- Stories and the importance of using communication and narrative mediation in complex cases
- Practice Management & On-line mediation Ethics (1.0 CLE)
- Productive pre-mediation meetings and memorandums
- Using caucus effectively as a Mediator or Attorney
- Preparing effective Memorandums of Understanding
- Role Play
- Issues in Court Connected mediation - Good faith, participation, authority, and reporting to the court
- Biases, Culture and Mediation - Ethics credit (1.0 CLE/ .8 CU)/1.0 Diversity/Bias
- Using evaluative mediation ethically and strategically
- Role Play
- Mediating Different disputes- style, form, and other considerations
- Competence, Neutral lists & panels
- Mediator Impartiality and managing triggers
- Practice Management considerations, Q&A, wrap up.
DAY 3 - Advanced Mediation Bootcamp – Epic Challenge to Resolving Disputes
- Introduction to Case Study
- Effective use of the Pre and Post mediation process to settle
- Successful opening statements and strategic use of information in the case study
- Adding tools to your toolbox- More on negotiation theory
- More Strategies for settlement
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly-Mediating with difficult litigants who might not, will not, or cannot engage in productive settlement discussions
- Tools for overcoming impasse in Mediation
- Know when to Hold ‘em and when to Show Them – the Ethical and Effective use of Information in mediation
- Multi-party mediations