Lexitas offers full support for all remote proceedingsAs the leader in remote depositions, arbitrations and trials, Lexitas offers full support to attorneys and their teams to keep their discovery schedules moving forward. LegalView, our patented remote proceeding platform, provides a secure, easy-to-use, and completely interactive remote deposition experience for all participants, including the ability to mark and introduce exhibits electronically.
Ease of Use
Live 24/7 Monitoring
Available upon request in some locations.
Online Exhibit Management
Security & Compliance
- AES-128 bit media encryption SRTP for audio, video and shared content. Chat messages are transmitted over the source of the signaling link.
- Secure HTTPS login utilizing industry standard PKI
- TLS using strong encryption ciphers for signaling
- Password hashing in database
- Component blocking for spoof prevention
- Encrypted token technology
- No login information kept at the desktop
Flexible, high-definition video
- Connect through computers, videoconferencing, mobile devices, and phone to the same event.
- Videos are recorded in a secure server as H.264 MP4 files using 832x468 resolution with 48-bit AAC audio and stored as encrypted files at rest. Available upon request in some locations.
- These videos which can be transcoded into any other video format, and synchronized with the transcript for use in presentation software such as Sanction or Trial Director.
- Scalable Video Coding (SVC) maximized the quantity over networks of all speeds.
- Video Codecs enable connections from 50k/second to 50 MB/sec.
- Depending on bandwidth, video will stream as high as 1080p / 30 fps.
- LegalView has the ability to traverse firewalls, without compromising the integrity of the private network or requiring additional expensive equipment.
- LegalView will automatically detect if it's blocked by firewalls, and will automatically switch to configuration as needed. If the firewall configuration is known, auto detection can be easily overridden.
Discover the benefits of LegalView Exhibit ManagerLegalView Exhibit Manager is simple to use, making it easy to introduce electronic exhibits in just a few simple steps. Run LegalView Exhibit Manager on your own or request one of our skilled document technicians to oversee the exhibit marking process for you.
Lexitas offers a well-executed exhibit management experience for remote depositions.
Remote Proceedings FAQs
What do I do if my client does not have a pc and just a phone?
How does the functionality of LegalView differ between laptops, iPads, and iPhone?
I am on VPN and can't get my camera to work?
Are we allowed to tell the witness to situate themselves where I can see their hands?
Can you set up separate breakout rooms for prepping or collaboration with second chairs?
How are interpreters handled in the video deposition?
How can we go on and off the record?
How do I handle exhibits?
How do we make a ruling during the proceeding?
How Lexitas ensures the security and privacy of your remote proceeding
- All LegalView events are private.
- Our meeting links ar never posted in a way that the general public can access or search for them.
- We do not use repeatable personal meeting IDs for our meetings. Instead, Lexitas uses a randomly-generated secure meeting ID, exclusive to a single meeting.
- Our unique meeting IDs are valid only on the day of the proceeding, thereby making it even more secure.
- Every LegalView event is hosted. Hosts have total control over the meeting, and have the ability to identify and remove any unauthorized participants.
If the witness is in another state - can the reporter swear them in?
I've heard about security problems with online meetings in the news - is it still safe to use this platform for my deposition?
What stops the witness from getting coached via text or email from their counsel?
Where will the location be on the appearance page?
Related resources for remote proceedings
The Changing Face of Deposition Technology
The legal profession finds itself, like most other industries, undergoing major disruption. This guide looks at recent developments in legal technology.Read More
8 Tips for a Successful Remote Deposition
Lexitas has supported thousands of remote video depositions and gathered many valuable tips for a successful remote experience.Read More
How Legal Videoconferencing Technology Enhances the Deposition Experience
The development of high-quality and secure remote deposition technology offers attorneys more options in how and where depositions can be conducted.Read More