Insurance Company Saves $11 Million with Lexitas
- 90 review attorneys were needed for a large document review
- Lexitas’s Michigan Review Center offered talent and savings
- Two levels of review plus additional work was completed to prepare the client for trial
Estimated Client Savings: $11 million vs. large law firm rates
A national insurance company engaged Lexitas to perform a substantive review of approximately two million documents related to a national class action matter.
- Lexitas worked closely with our client and outside counsel to understand the nature of the case, the necessary timeline for production and the technology components.
- Our solution included housing the team at the Lexitas Review Center in Michigan which provides significant cost savings over other larger legal markets.
- Lexitas provided a core team of 30 experienced reviewers and two team leaders. Within 45 days, additional documents were added and Lexitas responded by scaling the team to 90 reviewers, including six team leads, in order to meet pre-existing client deadlines.
- Initially, the Lexitas team performed a first level review of the documents. A second level review was then conducted based on privileged, non-privileged, further review, pivot table, responsive and non-responsive categories.
- In order to take advantage of the intellectual capital the team had developed, the client and outside counsel retained a core group of 15 reviewers to work with the law firm to prepare for depositions, motions and witness preparation.
The project was completed in seven months. The Lexitas solution provided our client with a successful outcome and an estimated cost savings of $11 million over large law firm rates.
View full case study